Salesforce inc. is a global provider of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solutions and software-as-a-service (SaaS) capability. Founded in 1999, this San Francisco based organization has enjoyed phenomenal growth and success as a consequence of its innovative product and service offerings.
The company also has offices in London, Dublin, Singapore, Toronto and Tokyo. The company has in excess of 55,000 corporate customers and 1,150,000 subscribers.
The key differentiator of salesforce.com is that its products and services are delivered to businesses via the Internet rather than as software that is boxed and shrink wrapped.
This approach has many advantages including removing the need to install software on vast numbers of client desktops. If a user is able to access the Internet, whether via top, laptop or mobile device, then he or she is able to easily access and enjoy the rich functionality of the salesforce product suite.
Salesforce products and services have an enviable reputation for being extremely robust and high value-adding.
Products and Services
Salesforce CRM is a comprehensive product and service offering, comprised of the following main components:
- Sales Force Automation (SFA) capability that enables user organisations to significantly increase sales productivity, reduce costs and capture robust, real-time sales management information
- Channel management: Salesforce CRM Partner Network capability is integral to the SFA functionality enabling organizations to very effectively manage both indirect and direct sales channels
- Marketing: sales force functionality enables the effectiveness of marketing campaigns to be monitored and measured in real time
- Analysis: the Sales force hosted, on-demand model allows easy access to consistent management information at every level of the organization. This in turn supports improved decision-making and business performance
- A rapid deployment call centre capability that has proven to yield impressive customer service benefits resulting in improved customer retention
- Content Management: core functionality enables users to access business content such as policy, procedure, guidelines and processes as an integral part of the CRM and SFA applications
- Creativity & Control: Sales force technology enables individuals in organizations to collaborate as a true network in real time, sweeping away historic boundaries between employees, customers and channel sales partners
- Bespoke Applications: organizations can rapidly build bespoke applications founded on the robust, single environment infrastructure model
- Application exchange: thousands of bespoke applications have been developed and are made available through the proven on-demand platform, all fully compatible with the core environment and infrastructure
- The salesforce.com core offering is sufficiently robust and flexible that it can be tailored to provide industry-specific applications and solutions
Sales force provides a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) product offering called Force.com.
The platform enables third party developers to create supplementary applications that can be seamlessly integrated into the core application and which are then hosted on the salesforce infrastructure.
The Sales force suite of products and services is truly global in nature and are available in the following languages:
Chinese (simplified); Chinese (traditional); Danish; Dutch; English; French; German; Italian; Japanese; Korean; Portuguese; Russian; Spanish; Thai.
The sales force product and service offerings are technically innovative and commercially compelling.
This presents a tremendous opportunity for any experienced marketing, sales or customer relationship management professional to combine their industry experience with accreditation in Salesforce.com products and services to create a very high value consulting service offering to potential clients.
Note: salesforce sfa, salesforce.com, software-as-a-service (SaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) are registered trademarks of the salesforce.com group
Jump back from Salesforce to Sales force SFA Consulting